“CareerJoy offers strategic and thoughtful advice, support and expertise. Their approach is first and foremost people-centered.”
– Julie Cafley, PhD, Senior Vice-President, Policy and Partnerships, Canada’s Public Policy Forum (PPForum)
Managing terminations is often one of the more challenging aspects of a supervisory role.
In partnering with CareerJoy you are helping to ensure there is adequate support for both your management team and the affected employee(s) in preparing and moving forward through the transition.
CareerJoy assists in ensuring that the termination process is planned and conducted with fairness and dignity. Bringing in a third party can aid in reducing the likelihood of litigation, protect the company’s reputation and brand, preserve the atmosphere of the remaining staff, and ensure the effective transfer of information.
Onsite termination support can be arranged across Canada for both individuals, as well as for larger downsizing situations. With the option of one or multiple coaches, we tailor the approach based on your organization’s needs. After decades of outplacement experience, we have created a system to support both the management team and the affected employee(s) including the following:
- Phone and email support leading up to the day of the layoff
- Guide with best practices and recommendations for the termination process
- Private consultation meeting before the layoff event to confirm employee(s) details, plan, exit strategy, and concerns
- Private consultation meeting post-termination to discuss the result, next steps and follow-up procedures
- Updates on employee engagement with CareerJoy
- CareerJoy information letter to include with the termination package
- Onsite post-termination support
- End-of-day check-in call
- List of recommended next steps
- Suggested complementary resources including books, podcasts, videos and more
- Customized outplacement coaching program (many options available)
I recognize that this is a timely and confidential conversation, and I know you want to do this right. I’m available immediately to discuss how our team can support you.
(289) 910.0832 x 879
Or, schedule a more convenient time for me to call you:
Schedule a call with Claire
Or, leave me your details and I’ll connect with you as soon as I’m able: