Government of Canada Pre-Qualified
1101417 Ontario Inc (o/a CareerJoy)
Learning Services: E60ZH-1700LS/130/ZH
Since 2002 consecutive years, CareerJoy’s humanized, customized approach has helped hundreds of Federal Government employees in Ottawa and across Canada to reach their Public Service career goals. Our bilingual programs are practical, goals-focused, and directly applicable to Performance Agreements and individual learning plans for Federal Departments, agencies and crown corporations.
Headquartered in Canada’s National Capital Region (NCR), CareerJoy employs a team approach, leveraging the skills, talents and experiences of a diverse network of senior public sector and private sector professionals.
Value of coaching
- In one study conducted by MetrixGlobal LLC, companies including Booz Allen Hamilton received an average return of $7.90 for every $1 invested in executive coaching.
- A survey by Manchester Inc. of 100 executives found that coaching provided an average return on investment of almost six times the cost of the coaching.
- An internal report of the Personnel Management Association showed that when training is combined with coaching, individuals increase their productivity by an average of 86% compared to 22% with training alone.
We are happy to customize our programs to suit your specific needs – in fact, we insist on it. Each employer and each individual has a unique story, and at CareerJoy, our focus is to help you and your team build and grow that story, in order to maximize your potential.
We support those in the Federal Public Service who are seeking to find the internal Government position that best suits them. We will show you what work in the Public Service you should be doing, where (in which department or agency) you should be doing it and how you can get it. Get started on the path to career purpose, passion and fulfillment today!
You will receive personalized and strategic one-on-one coaching in 3 key areas:
● Assessment – Discover WHERE you should be working (the specific organization within the Public Service) and WHAT you should be doing (the job title and area of focus)
● Targeting – Clearly identify departments, markets, industries and key decision makers.
● Marketing – Develop & implement a strong professional strategy.
We’ll provide you with….
Personalized coaching sessions focused directly on helping you achieve your career goals (60 minutes per session). Coaches are “along the road with you” to guide clients throughout the entire phase of their Public Service Career Identity & Search Process.
The Career Identity Program for the Public Service – we will show you the job you were built to do, WHERE you should be working and WHAT you should be doing.
- The Ability Assessment Tool – 3-hour online skill benchmarking tool. An in-depth test measuring 19 specific abilities including leadership style, problem solving style, communication style, personality profile, learning style, and motivation style, 35 page results analysis, career/public service career recommendations report and leadership abilities report. A Career Explorations Supplement will be included.
- The Career Options Report for Government – identifies the full spectrum of your career options and highlights those with the greatest potential for you.
- The 30-60-90 Day Career Planning Tool – your personalized map for the next steps in your career/public service career transition.
- Our Biographical Career Report – A 20+ page report providing an accurate and reliable picture of who you are in terms of your best career situation by identifying patterns of success in your previous work history. Analysis conducted by your coach.
Market identification – identification of specific markets, companies and/or Federal Departments or Crown Corporations.
Successful approach strategies, for example, how to get meetings with hiring managers. How to get noticed by key Government decision makers.
Professionally Written Government CV & Cover Letter tailored for specific internal Government job postings.
Interview coaching – Show you how to separate yourself from the other candidates. This interview coaching is tailored to Government interviews to help you succeed at the Government competition interview process, including sample interview questions and answers and scenarios to get you prepared.
Key Competencies Podcasts – CareerJoy Podcasts (available anytime, anywhere) on the Key Competency areas of Values and Ethics, Innovation through analysis and ideas, Engagement. This also includes optional curated reading and video material.
Our expert coaching team will help you understand your leadership capacities, strengths, and weaknesses and help you build a strategic plan for following through with your leadership goals by examining your past experiences and current situation in detail and from a fresh perspective. These goals will be accomplished through one-on-one personalized coaching sessions complemented by our comprehensive and copyrighted, assignments and assessments.
Leadership ability is necessary at every level. Improved leadership skills help Staff to excel when they take on new tasks or additional responsibilities, and help Executives build stronger and more effective teams. Our Leadership Identity Programs will bring clarity and focus to the work life. It is an in depth evaluation and assessment of the following:
- Leadership coaching sessions customized to suit your Federal department’s direction, strategy and culture
- Leadership Assessment Process: Identify skills, aptitudes, strengths & weaknesses
- Create and accomplish Leadership goals
- Appraise your qualifications and skills
- Leadership Ability and Transferable Skills
- Work Priorities
- Team building & Communication
- Enhanced conflict management techniques
- Creativity and Ingenuity
- Values & Ethics – serving through integrity & respect
Our analyses will give you an accurate and reliable picture of who you are in terms of your best career situation. Our Leadership and Creativity Assessments will then provide insight into your natural creativity and leadership skills and will show you how to maximize these tools as a professional in working with your team.
- Benefits to the Employer:
- Increased team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Better team motivation from positive encouragement and fresh external insights.
- Create successful new leaders and support newly promoted high potential staff.
- Ensure management excellence, delivering through action management, people management, and financial management.
- Increase staff loyalty and retention of high-performing staff members.
- Enhance conflict management techniques.
The Retirement Transition Program involves personalized and strategic one-on-one bilingual coaching, either in person at any of our 14 locations across Canada or virtually for more remote areas. We will help retiring Public Servants see the bigger picture, beyond their current professional duties, realizing their passions and purpose going forward. With present statistics, the new retirement stage of life could easily be longer than one’s total past career life, so planning ahead of time is essential.
- This comprehensive coaching program includes:
- Abilities Assessment – identify your skill strengths and gaps;
- Competency Assessment – examine passions, values, ecosystems and lifestyle to identify core competencies, strengths and weaknesses and demonstrate these within the goal of effective transition;
- Retirement Development Plan – establish concrete goals.
Benefits to the Employer:
- Puts employees at ease and creates a culture of goodwill, eliminating fear so they can stay focused and engaged in their work, knowing that they will be taken care of through their entire career life-cycle.
- Gives the retiring employee a sense of pride and control until the end of their project, enabling them to more effectively transfer knowledge and mentor individuals taking over their role.
- Fosters a sense of goodwill for employees going through the retirement process, increases referrals and protects your corporate brand.
- The Government has supported this person throughout their career cycle, and now can provide the enduring benefit of finishing well.
As an organization, you may be seeking professional guidance to help your company’s leaders to shine, assist employees by identifying their most appropriate career path within your organization or help your company build its brand on an employee level. CareerJoy offers professional solutions aimed at assisting you with these organizational goals.
Our existing corporate workshops and webinars include (but not limited to) the following and can be customized to suit your organization’s particular needs.
1) Change Management – Leading, Managing & Thriving in Change
2) Time, Priority & Workflow Management
3) Leadership Development: Leadership starts with you
4) Team Building: “We’re all Human” – Succeeding inside the dynamics of a Diverse Workplace
5) Team Building: Maximizing team relationships, awareness and communication
6) Workplace Wellness: The CareerJoy Wellness Program
7) The Resiliency Workshop – Strategies to manage stress
8) Resume Writing – Creating a powerful Resume that gets results.
9) Interviews –Strategic interview & negotiation techniques (Private Sector & Government)
10) The Retirement Transition Workshop
Through one-on-one, personalized coaching sessions, we equip and empower you and your team with key resources and advice to support and advance your Public Service careers.
Our individualized, customized approach is competency based and directly focused on strengthening your performance and leadership excellence, and advancing your team’s career goals.
Our one-to-one coaching programs include:
- New and Aspiring Directors Coaching
- Career Identity for Public Service
- At-level EX Development
- Competition and Advancement Coaching
- Career and Retirement Transition
We are pre-qualified under Supply Arrangement # E60ZT-120001/001/ZT.
All programs available in French and English.
The Affinity Program Advantage
As an APEX member you receive the following benefits:
✓ Free 60 min full HR services consultation (in person or by phone)
✓ Affinity program discount between 10% – 20% on all coaching programs and workshops
✓ Free monthly webinars & in-person “Lunch and Learns” on Career Management and soft skills development for your staff.
I recognize that this is a timely and confidential conversation, and I know you want to do this right. I’m available immediately to discuss how our team can support you.
National Director, Corporate Development
1.877.256.2569 x 600
Or, schedule a more convenient time for me to call you:
Schedule a call with Jason
Or, leave me your details and I’ll connect with you as soon as I’m able:
We are proud to have partnered with individuals and/or teams at the following Federal departments:
Office of the Prime Minister of Canada (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Office of the Auditor General of Canada (OAG)
Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA)
National Defence (DND)
Industry Canada (IC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Department of Justice (DOJ)
Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI)
Status of Women Canada (SWC), Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Employment & Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification (WD)
Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Environment Canada (EC)
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
Department of Foreign Affairs & International Trade (DFAIT)