Welcome to The Canadian Career Development Series.
The place in Canada to learn how to effectively manage your career at the convenience of your own desk. Learn from leading authors, thinkers, and professionals as they share their advice on how to take your career to the next level.
Where Does Inspiration Begin? | Simon Sinek author of Start With Why?
Do you wonder why some organizations and some people are more powerful, profitable and creative? Why are people more loyal to these organizations and individuals? What is it that draws us in and what can we learn from this in the context of our careers? Join Alan Kearns as he interviews Simon Sinek, author of Start with Why as he shares the insights he learned from studying the most influential leaders in the world: they all began by asking the question, “why?”
There are leaders and there are those who lead. Leaders hold a position of power or influence. Those who lead inspire us. Whether individuals or organizations, we follow those who lead not because we have to, but because we want to. We follow those who lead not for them, but for ourselves. Simon Sinek teaches leaders and companies how to inspire people.
You will Learn
- The importance of biology – not psychology – in the Why? of your career
- Successes and failures derived from Law of Diffusion of Innovation and how these apply to your career
- Inspirational examples from Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers
- How, with a little discipline, anyone can learn to inspire in their career
It’s easy — participate from wherever you are via web or phone
It’s informal, fun, and could it be more convenient?
Learn along with others — most are in a similar life situation, asking the same questions, and facing the same challenges
During this interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity too;
- Ask questions of the webinar panelist
- Bonus session on The Digital Job Search 3.0 – How to leverage LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Expand your networking contacts across Canada- Join our CareerJoy invitation only group.
- Ask us how to use this towards your professional development credits.