Welcome to The Canadian Career Development Series.
The place in Canada to learn how to effectively manage your career at the convenience of your own desk. Learn from some of Canada’s leading authors, thinkers and professionals as they share their advice on how to take your career to the next level. This series is for you, if you are committed to staying ahead of the curve, learning and have a desire to build your network with other like-minded professionals in Canada. Moderated by Alan Kearns, Canada’s Career Coach.
Great Practice Routines, Motivation, and Coaching: 3 Keys to Unlocking our Potential with Daniel Coyle, award winning author of The Talent Code
Why do some people seem to have a particular talent – or even genius – for certain activities? Is there some trick or natural ability they have that others do not? How can we improve on our talents and apply the improvements to our lives and careers? Join Alan Kearns as he interviews Daniel Coyle, award winning author of The Talent Code in which he explores these types of questions in the context of a newly discovered mechanism in our brains that facilitates skill acquisition. Through this exploration, Coyle provides parents, teachers, coaches, businesspeople – and everyone else – with tools they can use to maximize potential in themselves and others.
“. . . the final performance is designed to create the illusion of naturalness and fluency — of genius — which distances observers from the deeper force that truly created it: the humbler but still powerful force of a craftsman at work.” (Daniel Coyle)
Daniel Coyle is a contributing editor for Outside magazine and the author of three books, including the New York Times bestseller Lance Armstrong’s War. He has written for Sports Illustrated, The New York Times Magazine, and Play (including this March 2007 cover story which sparked The Talent Code), and is a two-time National Magazine Award finalist. Coyle lives with his wife, Jen, and their four children in Homer, Alaska.
Led by Canada’s Career Coach; Alan Kearns, join our next free 1-hour Canadian Career Development Webinar Series- Our answer to a high protein low fat lunch & learn.
You will Learn
- The do’s and don’ts of understanding talent
- The importance of the 3 keys and how to apply them to your career
- How to view your skills and abilities in ways that offer other career options
- How to take stock and consider your next steps
It’s easy — participate from wherever you are via web & toll free.
- It’s informal, fun, and could it be more convenient?
- Learn along with others — most are in a similar life situation, asking the same questions, and facing the same challenges
- During this interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity too;
- Ask questions of the webinar panelists
- Bonus session on The Digital Job Search 3.0 – How to leverage LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Expand your networking contacts across Canada- Join our CareerJoy invitation only group.
- Ask us how to use this towards your professional development credits.
Instructions will be sent to you upon registration. Webinars are open to anyone keen on learning.
Sign Up Now! Register below.
PS -Please whitelist our url- careerjoy.com to ensure that you get all of the appropriate information.