Welcome to The Canadian Career Development Series.
The place in Canada to learn how to effectively manage your career at the convenience of your own desk. Learn from some of Canada’s leading authors, thinkers and professionals as they share their advice on how to take your career to the next level. This series is for you, if you are committed to staying ahead of the curve, learning and have a desire to build your network with other like-minded professionals in Canada. Moderated by Alan Kearns, Canada’s Career Coach.
Starting & Managing a Successful Business- 4 Entrepreneurs share the do’s and don’ts.
Many people think self-employment or running your own business is not a career, that a career is a role or job you have when working as an employee. Can you make a career out of self-employment? The answer is “Yes!” This is not an easy road to travel, but it can be very rewarding. Join Alan Kearns as he interviews several panelists to gain their insights and observations on self-employment as a career.
Darcy Whyte is the founder of Rubber Power. Darcy has been a software developer for 24 years. He’s been working with Social Media and studying social systems for the last four years. During the summer of 2009, he started a unusual on-line business selling miniature airplanes that fly! He’s been sharing his passion for aviation and science through his own design called the Squirrel. See it fly at http://www.Rubber-Power.com
Craig & Amber Hall founders of Equator Coffee Roasters. Launched 10 years ago out of their garage, they have turned their passion about coffee, fair-trade and social justice into a very successful distribution and retail coffee operation. Visit their website http://www.equator.ca
Cathie Hudson is the founder of Bark Avenue – Everything for Hip & Healthy Dogs & Cats. At the mid point of her life she found herself divorced and without any assets. With courage and support from self-employment programs, she was able to turn her dream into a self-sustaining successful business and turn her life around to boot. Visit her website http://www.mybarkavenue.ca/
Led by Canada’s Career Coach; Alan Kearns, join our next free 1-hour Canadian Career Development Webinar Series- Our answer to a high protein low fat lunch & learn.
You Will Learn
- The do’s and don’ts and the skills required to be successful in your own business.
- How to use a business plan, ideas on financing, negotiation, hiring & managing people.
- Lessons learned on how to successfully launch and market your business.
Bonus- Tips and tricks on websites, social media and the internet.
It’s easy — participate from wherever you are via web & toll free.
- It’s informal, fun, and could it be more convenient?
- Learn along with others — most are in a similar life situation, asking the same questions, and facing the same challenges
- During this interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity too;
- Ask questions of the webinar panelists
- Bonus session on The Digital Job Search 3.0 – How to leverage LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Expand your networking contacts across Canada- Join our CareerJoy invitation only group.
- Ask us how to use this towards your professional development credits.
Instructions will be sent to you upon registration. Webinars are open to anyone keen on learning. Sign Up Now! Register below.
PS -Please whitelist our url- careerjoy.com to ensure that you get all of the appropriate information.