Do you work in a dynamic, rewarding, enjoyable workplace? How is decision-making undertaken in your ogranization? Imagine a company where people love coming to work and are highly productive on a daily basis. Imagine a company whose top executives, in a quest to create the most “fun” workplace ever, obliterate labor-management divisions and push decision-making responsibility down to the plant floor. Could such a company compete in today’s bottom-line corporate world? Could it even turn a profit? Join Alan Kearns as he interviews Dennis Baake, founder and CEO Emeritus of AES and New York Times best-selling author of Joy at Work.
“In a world in which fear often seems to have replaced fun, the search for profits has replaced the pursuit of purpose; conformity and following the crowd have replaced the courage to do the right thing and live by principles; and widespread corruption has replaced the conviction of ideals, [Joy at Work] offers both the recipe for a better way of organizing and being in an organization and the inspiration to try. Never has a book such as this been more needed, more important, or more welcome.” Jeffrey Pfeffer, Professor of Organizational Behavior, Stanford Graduate School of Business
Dennis W. Bakke was raised in Saxon, Washington, and graduated from the University of Puget Sound, Harvard Business School, and the National War College. He co-founded The AES Corporation in 1981 and served as its president and CEO from 1994 to 2002. He is now president and CEO of Imagine Schools, a company that operates elementary and secondary (K-12) charter schools in 12 states. He and his wife, Eileen, live in Arlington, VA.
You Will Learn:
- 3 keys to achieving joy at work
- How understanding the true purpose of business can make any organization successful
- Important steps to building and maintaining trust within a workplace
- 10 ideas to adopt in your plan to experience joy at work
It’s easy — participate from wherever you are via web or by phone.
It’s informal, fun, and could it be more convenient? Learn along with others — most are in a similar life situation, asking the same questions, and facing the same challenges.
During this interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity to:
- Ask questions of the webinar panellist
- Enjoy a bonus session on The Digital Job Search 3.0 – How to leverage LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Expand your networking contacts across Canada- Join our CareerJoy invitation only group.
- Ask us how to use this towards your professional development credits.