Welcome to The Canadian Career Development Series.
The place in Canada to learn how to effectively manage your career at the convenience of your own desk. Learn from some of Canada’s leading authors, thinkers and professionals as they share their advice on how to take your career to the next level. This series is for you, if you are committed to staying ahead of the curve, learning and have a desire to build your network with other like-minded professionals in Canada. Moderated by Alan Kearns, Canada’s Career Coach.
Redeeming and Re-purposing your skills with Legendary Blogger and founding Director of ExpertLabs, Anil Dash
What are transferable skills? Do you have skills and talents you could use in another career? Is it possible to obtain a new career direction with your “old” skills and credentials? Join Alan Kearns as he interviews Anil Dash, founding Director of ExpertLabs and creator of www.lastyearsmodel.org. Anil will share his perspective on why new isn’t always better, that it’s important to put thought into what we save and what we discard in our society, and that if we take a different perspective we can utilize already existing resources.
” We can fix the false impression that the newest gadgets are the only interesting ones by simply promoting the fact that we’re getting a lot out of our existing products.” (Anil Dash)
Anil Dash is a pioneering technologist and blogger whose site at Dashes.com began in 1999 as one of the earliest and most influential blogs on the Internet. Dash is the founding Director of Expert Labs, an independent non-profit which creates new web technologies to help the U.S. government tap into the expertise of the public. Dash is regularly featured on television, radio, print and blogs including the Washington Post, Wired, MSNBC, CNN, ABC News, the BBC and NPR. Dash lives in New York City with his wife Alaina Browne, general manager of the esteemed food community Serious Eats. Dash’s personal blog can be found online at dashes.com..
Led by Canada’s Career Coach; Alan Kearns, join our next free 1-hour Canadian Career Development Webinar Series- Our answer to a high protein low fat lunch & learn.
You will Learn
- The do’s and don’ts of taking your personal career inventory
- How to view your skills and abilities in ways that offer other career options
- How to take stock and consider your next steps
It’s easy — participate from wherever you are via web & toll free.
- It’s informal, fun, and could it be more convenient?
- Learn along with others — most are in a similar life situation, asking the same questions, and facing the same challenges
- During this interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity too;
- Ask questions of the webinar panelists
- Bonus session on The Digital Job Search 3.0 – How to leverage LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Expand your networking contacts across Canada- Join our CareerJoy invitation only group.
- Ask us how to use this towards your professional development credits.
Instructions will be sent to you upon registration. Webinars are open to anyone keen on learning.
Sign Up Now! Register below.
PS -Please whitelist our url- careerjoy.com to ensure that you get all of the appropriate information.