Welcome to The Canadian Career Development Series.
The place in Canada to learn how to effectively manage your career at the convenience of your own desk. Learn from leading authors, thinkers, and professionals as they share their advice on how to take your career to the next level.
Choosing the Right Team | P.J. Loyello – Senior VP, Communications & Broadcasting, Florida Marlins
Everyone needs a great team. Whether you’re just beginning and choosing your career path or you’re a manager finding the right players for your department – people matter. The collective expertise from the right team will move everyone from ‘good’ to ‘great’. Join Alan Kearns as he interviews Peter John (P.J.) Loyello, Senior VP, Communications & Broadcasting, Florida Marlins and key player leading the Marlins to the World Series Championship. P.J. knows what it takes to build a winning team on and off the field
P.J. Loyella is currently in his 19th season in professional baseball and 10th with the Florida Marlins. A proud Canadian, he oversees the Club’s media relations, business communications, broadcasting, community outreach, and manages the Marlins Radio Network. Loyello has worked with Major League Baseball as a public relations official for five World Series, two All-Star Games, the 1997 Expansion Draft and the 2009 World Baseball Classic. Loyello holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Concordia University.
You will Learn
- The importance doing what you love and how it fuels persistence and perseverance
- How to know what is the right career, team & the right fit
- How to communicate & get the attention of a great organization
- How timing is everything – being able to hear opportunity knocking
- How being a team player makes everyone a winner
- The value of networking – both personally and professionally
It’s easy — participate from wherever you are via web or phone
It’s informal, fun, and could it be more convenient?
Learn along with others — most are in a similar life situation, asking the same questions, and facing the same challenges
During this interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity too;
- Ask questions of the webinar panelist
- Bonus session on The Digital Job Search 3.0 – How to leverage LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Expand your networking contacts across Canada- Join our CareerJoy invitation only group.
- Ask us how to use this towards your professional development credits.