Career and Leadership Coach
Stephen Williams came to CareerJoy with a comprehensive HR background. He has more than 25 years of experience as an HR Leader specializing in Employee Development, and possesses the solid business acumen, pragmatic thinking and bottom line focus to guide leaders in gaining what they need to grow and advance their careers.
In addition to leading HR and training departments, he also has extensive facilitation experience and is at his best when facilitating clients’ career transitions. His keen insights provide the crucial feedback clients need and his deep understanding of HR provides a strong support for clients seeking to re-enter workplaces or change career direction.
A former recruiter, Stephen has recruited hundreds of employees and retains an inside perspective which is invaluable in helping clients successfully navigate the recruiting process.
Stephen loves it when clients have a ‘light bulb’ moment which leads to improved clarity, as he is passionate about helping those who are looking for the next great opportunity to move forward and develop their full potential.
Accreditations and Education
- Co-Active Coach – CTI – Coaches Training Institute
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Certified Human Resource Leader (CHRL)
- Certificate in Human Resources Management (CHRM), Humber College
- Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Facilitator
- Certified in DISC profiling
- Certificate in Human Resource Law, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Hon. Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), University of Toronto
- Designed & developed North American wide training initiative and Leadership Development program
- Developed Career Guidance program that provided structure to leadership development and succession planning
- Improved relationships with union business agents by actively engaging them in problem solving and managing issues with their members, resulting in reduced grievances and better bargaining results
“I have gotten out of the self-blame mode to a more self-confident mode. Ready to take on life. I also have a perspective on the recruitment styles being a new comer to Canada. “On a personal level- I am more positive despite my previous work experience. On a professional level- I know my weak points during an interview and am working towards improving myself.” – Jean Koshy
“Stephen is a great coach and mentor. His knowledge of Human Resources and basic people skills is beyond expectations. He can read people and adapt to any environment.” – KP
“My sessions with my coach allowed me to better understand what the process is like from the HR side of the desk. This understanding help immensely in navigating the transition process from initial application through to offer acceptance.” – RM
“I wouldn’t be the Manager I am today without your help” – SG
“I came to CareerJoy to get my resume in shape and work on my networking skills, but you have taken me on a journey where I have learned more about myself and have a better focus of where I want to go.” – AB
“I am glad to let you know that I have accepted a job offer from XX. I had an excellent interview with the head architects of the firm where we discussed my background and their current projects and they expressed their willing to assist me with obtaining my license. This is a great opportunity and your advice helped me a lot on this endeavor. After years of trial I feel I am getting back on track with my career in architecture. Thank you again for the great advice you provided during the coaching sessions. – SA