Akilah is a passionate, energetic, and thoughtful Certified Coach Practitioner specializing in Career Coaching. She identified at a very young age that her purpose would be to help and support others, it is through her own career journey that she realized how pursuing the right career path has a tremendous impact on the direction of one’s life. Having worked with a career mentor early in her professional life, Akilah understands the profound value of career coaching and is dedicated to helping others identify the career path that corresponds to what they want and who they truly are.
As a career transition coach, Akilah supports her clients to accomplish their career goals by using a collaborative approach to remove the internal and external roadblocks that make them feel stuck. She guides individuals in discovering and walking the path that’s right for them, whether that means climbing the corporate ladder, making a career change, or becoming an entrepreneur.
Akilah is also an amateur abstract painter and an explorer who enjoys exploring new countries and cultures.
Education and Professional Training:
• Certified Coach Practitioner, Certified Coaches Federation, Canada, 2020
• Life Coach, Coacheroes, Canada, 2020
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Project Management Institute, USA, 2017
• ITIL Foundation V3 (IT Service Management), Axelos, UK, 2014
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute, USA, 2012
• MSc. Computer Based Management Information Systems, Distinction, University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica, 2010
• Web Development and Administration, Distinction, Mona Institute of Applied Sciences Mona, Jamaica, 2008
• BSc. Computer Science & Electronics, Honors, University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica, 2007″