Who We Are & Why It Matters
Work has a profound effect on the quality of all of our lives. As you are reading this, you are probably looking for a specific fit: a place where you can grow and develop as a person and as a professional. This is a space where you will be challenged and, at the same time, have a voice and input on decision-making, and more importantly, make a difference. It’s not rocket science, but it is rare to find.
The work we do every day across Canada is to make work better for Canadian professionals. Our mission is to help every Canadian find a work situation that inspires them to reach their full professional potential. We believe in the inherent value of the individual and are committed to supporting change, igniting growth, and providing practical wisdom for the advancement of our clients’ professional development. We believe that people made better, is work made better.
What We Do
We are an award-winning and deeply respected National boutique HR services firm working with over 2300+ of the leading companies in Canada including World Vision, Shopify, The United Way, Toyota Manufacturing, and The Government of Canada. We have offices from St.John’s to Victoria and an international virtual coaching presence. We offer a variety of HR services including leadership development, career development, employee engagement, transition coaching, and workshops.
What You Will Be Doing & How You’ll Grow
Join our team and work with professionals from the comfort and flexibility of your own home office. This is a full-time salaried role. (CareerJoy office if you are in Ottawa)
You like working with people and are a natural networker. You are outgoing, smart, persuasive, organized, and pick things up quickly. You are comfortable conversing with a broad range of individuals, including senior level professionals. You are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You have a genuine desire to help individuals find fulfillment in their careers. You are a YES person, are curious and eager to learn, and are comfortable diving into a project with little prior knowledge or supervision – you know you’ll figure it out.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this full-time role, you will be accountable for the day to day client experience through coaching programs, resolve client concerns, and improve the client process, supporting the creation of more robust learning environments for clients. You will take phone calls from new potential clients, manage the online chat, schedule meetings, and follow up on key deliverables.
You will assist as the first point of contact for individuals and corporate clients seeking to engage CareerJoy services and help clients as they begin their coaching programs, ensuring a superior end to end client experience; making the introductions to their coaches, responding to their questions, troubleshooting, and providing them with resources, liaising with the coaches across the country, and managing client feedback and concerns in a way that is genuine and client-specific.
In order to best serve our clients, this role requires flexibility with a mix of fixed shifts to offer availability to clients across Canada. (Ex. 3 days a week, 9-5, 2 days a week, 12-8, depending on your time zone.)
The Experience You Bring
- 5+ years of previous client relationship or customer service excellence in a professional environment is strongly desired
- Ideally, you have worked in an environment that focuses on serving people.
- You are energized by people and discovering what makes them tick
- You are persuasive but not sales-y
- You are both detail-oriented and skilled at understanding the bigger picture
- You feel a sense of urgency and pride in responsiveness to clients and their experience
- You are able to shift quickly between tasks/clients/projects
- You are a superb listener
- You have demonstrated strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- You are resilient, coachable, and pick things up quickly
- You are independent minded but team-oriented
- You have superior technical skills, and find it easy to adopt new technologies and processes
- You have seen success in managing projects from development to delivery
- You are skilled in professional communications, proposal writing, editing
- Understanding of modern HR practices and talent management is an asset
- Fluency in both official languages is required.
We’d love to hear from you if this rings true for you. You will be challenged and have a great opportunity to grow as a professional and at the same time help make work better for your new team and for our client partners.
Please send your resume and a cover letter stating your alignment to our company values and mission and why working CareerJoy interests you, to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Eastern Canada (ideally Ottawa region), Western Canada
- Work from home opportunities
- Health care spending account
- Vacation & paid time off
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress