[MMM] 90% of The Work You Do Is Not Visible | Monday Morning Motivator

Good Monday morning 

It is the first official week of spring, you can feel the warmth of the sun in the air, yet we are not quite there yet. I think we truly were reminded what it means to live in a northern climate this winter. 


The true north, strong and free.  


I was thinking about the north & the beauty of the landscape, particularly icebergs. According to Wikipedia, the word “iceberg” originates from the dutch translation iisberg, meaning ice mountain.


If you look at the makeup of an iceberg it is interesting. They range form 1 to 75 metres above sea level and anywhere between 100,000 to 200,00 metric tons. They have an interior temperature of -15 to -20 C. The ratio of what is on the surface is 10% the other 90% is below the surface, hence the term “The tip of the iceberg.” I have often heard this.


I received a text from a professor friend of mine at 4:15 am Friday morning, she was responding to a question I had asked, she shared that she had gotten up at 3:30 am to prepare for her class. I was thinking about what her students will see today, just that. The tip of all the work that went into her class today,and even more substantive the 12+ years of studying for her PhD and all of her writing, research & teaching.


I want to applaud professionals like her, that go to bed late, get up early, go that extra mile to do their best for their employer and the people they serve. When you see someone a bit tired in your office today, thank them, a lot happened before they showed up at your meeting to enable them to do their best work.


Speaking of spring, if you are in Ottawa join us at The Ottawa Convention Centre Sat, March 29 & Sun, March 30. We are giving away 2 pairs of tickets to this weekend’sNational Woman’s Show. Share on our Facebook page, someone whom you have observed go the extra mile in your office & difference it made. We will draw for two pairs of complimentary tickets. 


Working diligently, along the road with you!


P.S. Join me for CareerClass | Your Digital Personal Brand – Harnessing the power of LinkedIn, Facebook & twitter to advance you career. Learn. Grow. Succeed | Complimentary Webinar Wed. March 26 12- 12:45 pm. Click here to register.  


P.P.S. Looking to find the employer you can give your best to? Who is your careercoach? We have a team of experts waiting to assist you on your career journey.