Who We Are & Why It Matters
Work has a profound effect on the quality of all of our lives. As you are reading this, you are probably looking for a specific fit: a place where you can grow and develop as a person and as a leader. This is a space where you will be challenged and, at the same time, have a voice and input on decision-making, and more importantly, make a difference. It’s not rocket science, but it is rare to find.
The work we do every day across Canada is to make work better for Canadian professionals. Our mission is to help every Canadian reach their full professional potential by growing their career and leadership intelligence. We believe in the inherent value of the individual and are committed to supporting change, igniting growth, and providing practical wisdom for the advancement of our clients’ professional development. We believe that people made better is work made better.
What We Do
We are an award-winning boutique HR services firm working with over 2300+ of the leading companies across Canada including World Vision, Shopify, The United Way, Toyota Manufacturing, and The Government of Canada. We have offices from St. John’s to Victoria and an international virtual coaching presence. We offer a variety of HR services including leadership development, career development, employee engagement, transition coaching, and workshops.
Our firm maintains a 94% client referral rate as a direct result of our embodied values and key pillars: Human. Modern. Canadian. Results.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic and energetic sales professional who is a learn-a-holic and constantly strives to do better – for yourself, for your work, for your organization, and for every person within it.
You are a deep thinker, have excellent instincts, and are a trusted advisor with the ability to develop strong relationships built on transparency and accountability. You have a mature understanding of the Public Sector Procurement process and are experienced in developing the strategy for effective tactical execution that delivers results.
You’re a person who values service excellence, is highly responsive, and goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction. You understand the resources, planning, and action that are required to deliver the solutions that you are proposing to clients while practicing an agile methodology.
You have an extremely strong sense of values and morals and always put people first, but also understand the complexity of managing business and aren’t afraid to make tough decisions and have difficult conversations.
What You Will Be Doing & How You’ll Grow
In this full-time role (salary + commissionable) you will be working from our Stittsville (Ottawa) office as well as from your home office. The Public Sector Account Executive is part of the Business Development team at CareerJoy and is a very important Brand Ambassador and Advocate.
You will generate and nurture new business opportunities from lead management to service delivery, including a high volume of inbound and outbound calls and emails to prospective & current clients, write proposals and RFP responses, communicate and meet with Senior Leaders in the public service, track leads, managing corporate projects and creating work back schedules, and follow up on key deliverables. In order to serve our clients, this role requires flexibility with as-needed responsiveness beyond 9 to 5 pm.
Our firm is growing; we see this as an ideal opportunity to join a fast-paced and thriving business development team with a competitive base salary and a commission structure with uncapped earning potential.
The Experience You Bring
- 8+ years of professional sales success in a competitive environment and possess the courage, drive, and accountability to deliver results.
- Fluency in both official languages is essential.
- Understanding of strategic HR practices; a background in Management or HR consulting, Recruitment, or comparable experience is considered an asset.
- You are energized by people and discovering what makes them tick.
- You are skilled in assessing a client’s “current state” and developing a solution that leads them to the outcomes they are looking for.
- You are persuasive but not sales-y.
- You are both detail-oriented and skilled at understanding the bigger picture.
- You are resilient, coachable, and pick things up quickly.
- You are independent minded but team-oriented.
- You have superior technical skills, and find it easy to adopt new technologies and processes.
- You have seen success in managing projects from development to delivery.
- You are skilled in professional communications, proposal writing, editing.
Expected start date: January 2021
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 60k to 70k base plus commission per year
- Professional development
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Company events
- Work from anywhere
- Monday to Friday
- account management: 5+ years (Required)
- Manage multiple accounts, ensuring that a high level of customer retention and satisfaction is maintained
- Meet monthly quotas
- Engage with multiple customers on a daily basis by reaching out to new clients, and by developing campaigns for maintaining customer loyalty
- Record changes to customer accounts, updating service packages, adding accounts, and removing accounts as needed
- Other duties as requested
- Work from anywhere
Please email email@example.com with your resume and share a little bit about what interests you about this role.