Are you looking for Work. Made Better?
Join our team & work with clients from all industries, sectors, and seniority levels from students to executive level professionals, with the support of management and other coaches with a variety of backgrounds and specialties.
This role is a sub-contract with seasonal and fluctuating volume and may complement your own private practice.
As a Senior Career & Leadership Coach with CareerJoy, you will work 1 to 1 with clients in person at our Halifax coaching office, on-site at our Corporate partners’ locations, and virtually via Skype or Phone.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to do interesting work with interesting people, and enjoy a professional atmosphere with creativity & flexibility. Being part of the CareerJoy team, you have significant networking opportunities and access to real-world, real-time information regarding the job market & economy. We listen and respect you and your personal situation and care about the things you care about.
You have superb verbal and written communication skills and are very comfortable with computers and many software programs. You genuinely enjoy people, you love serving people, and you see yourself as an influencer – someone who provides interesting and relevant information to your peer group. You are comfortable conversing with a broad range of individuals, including C-suite professionals. You are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You are a YES person, and enjoy engaging an audience through presentations, workshops, and webinars.
You are responsible for coaching clients from career exploration to job search strategy to landing their desired role. You will be providing support including identifying career options and creating a report, interview preparation including performing mock interviews, providing information on networking best practices both online and in the “real world”, and evaluating job offers and salary negotiation coaching. You may be occasionally be called upon to present a workshop or webinar or provide on-site corporate layoff support.
- 5 – 7 or more years experience coaching Individuals, Managers, Directors, VP, EVP & C-level managers in both private and public sectors
- Experience with coaching individuals and managers in the Public Service.
- Professional background in the public sector considered a strong asset.
- Diverse professional background including corporate experience (in addition to coaching background).
- Master’s degree strongly desired
- Corporate HR experience, corporate training program experience (in-house or contract)
- Coaching Certification from an accredited ICF or other coaching school.
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about.
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills, and ability to translate ideas into practical goals.
- Multitasking, strong follow-up, tracking, reporting and organizational skills.
- Ability to structure and customize client approach strategically.
Please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter stating why you feel that this role with CareerJoy is a good fit, to email@example.com.