Who We Are and Why It Matters
Work has a profound effect on the quality of all of our lives. As you are reading this, you are probably looking for a specific fit: a place where you can grow and develop as a person and as a professional. This is a space where you will be challenged and, at the same time, have a voice and input on decision-making, and more importantly, make a difference. It’s not rocket science, but it is rare to find.
The work we do every day across Canada is to make work better for Canadian professionals. Our mission is to help every Canadian find a work situation that inspires them to reach their full professional potential. We believe in the inherent value of the individual and are committed to supporting change, igniting growth, and providing practical wisdom for the advancement of our clients’ professional development. We believe people made better is work made better.
What We Do
We are an award-winning and deeply respected National boutique HR services firm working with over 500+ of the leading companies in Canada including World Vision, Shopify, The United Way, Toyota Manufacturing, and The Government of Canada. We have offices from St.John’s to Victoria and an international virtual coaching presence. We offer a variety of HR services including leadership development, career development, employee engagement, transition coaching, and workshops.
Who You Are
You are outgoing, smart and organized. You are comfortable conversing with a broad range of individuals, including senior level professionals. You are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You have a genuine desire to help individuals find fulfillment in their careers. You are a YES person, are curious and eager to learn, and are comfortable diving into a project with little prior knowledge or supervision – you know you’ll figure it out.
What You Will Be Doing
You are responsible for coaching clients from career exploration to job search strategy to leading and managing in an existing or new role. You are experienced in assessing and coaching on federal government leadership competencies and understand a variety of governance structures and practices.
You are experienced with providing support with preparation of federal government competitions including performing mock interviews and guidance regarding private sector resume and cover letter documentation. You are an experienced workshop facilitator and are comfortable teaching a broad variety of career and leadership topics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to coach in both English & French.
- 7 to 10+ years experience coaching Staff, Managers, EX, and Director levels
- Previous professional background in the public sector is essential (EX-2, EX-3 ideal).
- Current PWGSC security clearance, Enhanced Reliability or higher.
- Master’s degree strongly desired.
- 360-degree leadership assessment experience considered a strong asset.
- Corporate HR experience, corporate training program experience (in-house or contract)
- Comfortable facilitating workshops in a variety of career and leadership topics.
- Coaching Certification from an accredited ICF or another coaching school.
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about.
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills, and ability to translate ideas into practical goals.
- Multitasking, strong follow-up, tracking, reporting and organizational skills.
- Ability to structure and customize client-approach strategically.
Send your resume and one page indicating who you are, why you think you are a good fit for our team, and what interests you about CareerJoy to firstname.lastname@example.org.