Posted on: September 21, 2018
Deadline to apply: October 19, 2018
Who We Are and Why It Matters
Work has a profound effect on the quality of all of our lives. As you are reading this, you are probably looking for a specific fit: a place where you can grow and develop as a person and as a professional. This is a space where you will be challenged and, at the same time, have a voice and input on decision-making, and more importantly, make a difference. It’s not rocket science, but it is rare to find.
The work we do every day across Canada is to make work better for Canadian professionals. Our mission is to help every Canadian find a work situation that inspires them to reach their full professional potential. We believe in the inherent value of the individual and are committed to supporting change, igniting growth, and providing practical wisdom for the advancement of our clients’ professional development. We believe people made better is work made better.
What We Do
We are an award-winning and deeply respected National boutique HR services firm working with over 500+ of the leading companies in Canada including World Vision, Shopify, The United Way, Toyota Manufacturing, and The Government of Canada. We have offices from St.John’s to Victoria and an international virtual coaching presence. We offer a variety of HR services including leadership development, career development, employee engagement, transition coaching, and workshops.
Who You Are
You like people & are a natural networker. You are outgoing, smart, persuasive, organized & pick things up quickly. You are comfortable conversing with a broad range of individuals, including senior level professionals. You are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You have a genuine desire to help individuals find fulfillment in their careers. You are a YES person, are curious and eager to learn, and are comfortable diving into a project with little prior knowledge or supervision – you know you’ll figure it out.
What You Will Be Doing and How You’ll Grow
In this full-time salaried role, you will be working both at a home office and in our Ottawa office alongside our corporate business development team. You will be generating and nurturing new business opportunities from lead management to service delivery, including: high volume of cold/warm calls and emails to prospective clients, scheduling meetings, tracking leads, creating work back schedules, and following up on key deliverables and assisting with corporate projects.
You will also write and edit proposals and other sales and communications documents, create reports, manage events, and be involved in other projects as necessary. Depending on the skills and interests you bring, there is significant room for growth in this position.
Our firm is fast growing; we see this as an ideal opportunity to grow into a more senior role on the business development team.
The Experience You Bring
- You are energized by people and discovering what makes them tick
- You are persuasive but not sales-y
- You have success in outbound sales and you enjoy the chase
- You are both detail-oriented and skilled at understanding the bigger picture
- You are resilient, coachable, and pick things up quickly
- You work well at reorienting priorities
- You are independent minded and team oriented
- You are creative yet good at task/project completion
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- You have worked in client-facing positions, preferably in Sales & Client Services
- You have experience managing events and social media campaigns
- You have seen success in managing projects from development to delivery
- You are interested and skilled in professional communications, proposal writing, editing
- Knowledge of Federal Government procurement process is an asset
- Volunteerism and social awareness an asset
We’d love to hear from you if this rings true for you. You will be challenged and have a great opportunity to grow as a young professional and at the same time help make work better – for us, and for our clients.
Please send us your resume and cover letter and any other background materials you think would help showcase your value proposition and personality to Brit Wynne-Jones at email@example.com.