Who We Are and Why It Matters
Work has a profound effect on the quality of all of our lives. As you are reading this, you are probably looking for a specific fit: a place where you can grow and develop as a person and as a professional. This is a space where you will be challenged and, at the same time, have a voice and input on decision-making, and more importantly, make a difference. It’s not rocket science, but it is rare to find.
The work we do every day across Canada is to make work better for Canadian professionals. Our mission is to help every Canadian find a work situation that inspires them to reach their full professional potential. We believe in the inherent value of the individual and are committed to supporting change, igniting growth, and providing practical wisdom for the advancement of our clients’ professional development. We believe people made better is work made better.
What We Do
We are an award-winning and deeply respected management consulting firm focused on supporting the transformation of people and culture for over 2300+ of the leading companies in Canada including World Vision, Shopify, The United Way, Toyota Manufacturing, and The Government of Canada. We have offices from St. John’s to Victoria and an international virtual coaching presence. We offer a variety of HR services including leadership development, career development, employee engagement, transition coaching, and workshops.
Who You Are
You are detail-oriented, smart, organized and have a passion for storytelling. You are comfortable working with everyone from students and early career to executive level professionals. You are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You have a genuine desire to help individuals find fulfillment in their careers. You are a YES person, are curious and eager to learn and grow.
What You Will Be Doing
You are responsible for writing strong and professional CVs, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles and coaching individuals on their “digital first impression” on LinkedIn and Social Media. You are skilled at getting to the story behind the words and finding creative ways to create a compelling offering and brand while remaining truthful and objective.
You will also coach clients through identifying the best opportunities for their skills, experience, and goals, guide them through building their job search campaigns, and through best practices of modern job search fundamentals. You will help them identify and understand barriers they might have that could be hampering their job search or career path.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to write at a professional level
- Previous professional background in recruitment, post-secondary education, journalism or marketing communications, or equivalent, is highly desired
- Post-secondary education in English, journalism, or communications is highly desired
- Certified Resume Strategist certification is highly desired
- ICF or other coach training/certification is highly desired
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, listening and customer service skills, and ability to translate ideas into practical goals
- Multitasking, strong follow-up, tracking, reporting and organizational skills
- Ability to structure and customize client-approach strategically
- Bilingualism in both official languages is highly desired
This full-time role will be offered to a candidate from anywhere in Canada.
This position may be offered as a full-time role to the right candidate if the workload warrants such a possibility.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract