Are you looking for Work. Made Better?
As a Career & Leadership Coach with CareerJoy, you will work 1 to 1 with clients in person in Montreal, on-site at our Corporate partners’ locations, and virtually via video call service (ie. Skype or Go-to-meeting). This role is a subcontract position with seasonal and fluctuating volume and may complement your own private practice. Montreal is currently a “light volume” CareerJoy branch and we expect major growth in the area over the coming months.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to do interesting work with interesting people and enjoy a professional atmosphere with creativity and flexibility.
We listen and respect you and your personal situation and care about the things you care about.You have superb verbal and written communication skills, are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You are a YES person, and enjoy engaging an audience through presentations, workshops, and webinars.
Responsibilities and Duties
You are responsible for coaching clients from career exploration, to job search strategy, to leading and managing in an existing or new role. You are experienced with debriefing clients on psychometric tools, leadership assessments, and 360 assessments.
You are experienced with supporting job search in a practical way, including performing mock interviews and guidance regarding resume, cover letter, and professional branding.You are an experienced workshop facilitator and are comfortable teaching a broad variety of career and leadership topics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience coaching individuals, professionals, and executives in both leadership development and career transition (applied job search, and career exploration).
- Diverse professional background including corporate experience (in addition to coaching background).
- Previous professional background in Human Resources or Recruitment is a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree a must, Master’s degree strongly desired.
- Coaching Certification from an accredited ICF or other coaching school.
- Strong comfort level communicating with all professional levels, including executives, both 1 to 1 in person and via phone and video call.
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about.
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills, and ability to translate ideas into practical goals.
- Multitasking, strong follow-up, tracking, reporting and organizational skills.
- Ability to structure and customize client-approach strategically.
Assets – Bilingual (French/English), experience using Hubspot CRM system, Skype, GoToMeeting, familiarity with on-site corporate layoffs, Volunteerism & social awareness, program development experience, workshop/webinar content development.
Are you looking for “Work. Made Better.”? CareerJoy is the largest independently owned boutique Career and Leadership Coaching firm in Canada and we are busier than ever before!
We are currently seeking a Senior Government Resume Writer. We are looking for an individual with significant personal Public Service work experience, and with a deep understanding of government CVs & cover letters for competitions. Since this position will be client-facing, the individual should feel comfortable interacting with people and being looked to as a government resume subject matter expert.
This occasional/part-time contract position that may complement your own private practice, can be managed from your home office, and you will work with clients via phone and email. Since this is a “virtual” position, applicants may apply from anywhere in Canada.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a sample from your portfolio.
Job Type: Contract
- Professional Resume Writing: 3 years
Job Types: Contract, Casual
- Professional writing: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
In order to be considered, please provide a 1-page cover letter telling us about your own career journey, in addition to your professional CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.