Friday, May 8, 2020
Who We Are & Why It Matters
Work has a profound effect on the quality of all of our lives. As you are reading this, you are probably looking for a specific fit: a place where you can grow and develop as a person and as a professional. This is a space where you will be challenged and, at the same time, have a voice and input on decision-making, and more importantly, make a difference. It’s not rocket science, but it is rare to find.
The work we do every day across Canada is to make work better for Canadian professionals. Our mission is to help every Canadian find a work situation that inspires them to reach their full professional potential. We believe in the inherent value of the individual and are committed to supporting change, igniting growth, and providing practical wisdom for the advancement of our clients’ professional development. We believe people made better is work made better.
What We Do
We are an award-winning and deeply respected National boutique HR services firm working with over 2300+ of the leading companies in Canada including World Vision, Shopify, The United Way, Toyota Manufacturing, and The Government of Canada. We have offices from St.John’s to Victoria and an international virtual coaching presence. We offer a variety of HR services including leadership development, career development, employee engagement, transition coaching, and workshops.
Who You Are
You like working with people and are a natural networker. You are outgoing, smart, persuasive, organized and pick things up quickly. You are comfortable conversing with a broad range of individuals, including senior level professionals. You are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You have a genuine desire to help individuals find fulfillment in their careers. You are a YES person, are curious and eager to learn, and are comfortable diving into a project with little prior knowledge or supervision – you know you’ll figure it out.
You’re a person who values service excellence, is highly responsive and goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction.
What You Will Be Doing & How You’ll Grow
This is a full-time salaried 12 month maternity leave contract role with potential for full time permanent upon our employee’s return. You will be working from our Stittsville (Ottawa) office alongside our core team as well as from your home office. You will be the first point of contact for many clients as they begin their coaching programs, ensuring a superior end to end client experience, making the introductions to their coaches, responding to their questions, troubleshooting, and providing them with resources, liaising with the coaches across the country, and managing client feedback and concerns in a way that is genuine and client-specific.
You will take phone calls from new potential clients, manage the online chat, scheduling meetings, following up on key deliverables. In order to best serve our clients, this role requires flexibility with occasional as-needed responsiveness beyond 9 to 5 pm.
You will write and edit proposals and other documents, create reports, plan and manage events. Depending on the skills and interests you bring, there is significant room for growth in this position.
Our firm is fast growing; we see this as an ideal opportunity to join a fast-paced and thriving team.
Our firm is fast growing; we see this as an ideal opportunity to join a fast-paced and thriving business development team.
The Experience You Bring
- 5+ years of previous client relationship or customer service excellence in a professional environment is strongly desired
- You are energized by people and discovering what makes them tick
- You are persuasive but not sales-y
- You are both detail-oriented and skilled at understanding the bigger picture
- You feel a sense of urgency and pride in responsiveness to clients and their experience
- You are able to shift quickly between tasks/clients/projects
- You have demonstrated strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- You are resilient, coachable, and pick things up quickly
- You are independent minded but team-oriented
- You have superior technical skills, and find it easy to adopt new technologies and processes
- You have seen success in managing projects from development to delivery
- You are skilled in professional communications, proposal writing, editing
- Understanding of modern HR practices and talent management is an asset
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
We’d love to hear from you if this rings true for you. You will be challenged and have a great opportunity to grow as a professional and at the same time help make work better for your new team and for our client partners.
Please send your resume and a cover letter stating your alignment to our company values and mission and why working CareerJoy interests you.
Job Type: Full-time, 12 month contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Closing Date: May 31, 2020