A post-secondary education is a huge investment in you. With the considerable time and money at stake, you want to make sure you have the information necessary to make the best choices. Begin your path to career success by watching this video and gathering the information required to select the right education for your career goals.
Our Student Career Identity Programs are designed to help you identify your best career fit early to so you can select institutions, programs, and courses with confidence. We are the official career services supplier for alumni of Queen’s, the University of Toronto, Athabasca University, Carleton University and more. Having worked one-on-one with students across the country, our coaches understand the pressures you are facing in selecting the career path that’s right for you.
You may be thinking about the following questions:
What types of education options are open to me based on my strengths, interests, and history?
What types of careers can I expect as outcomes from different education paths?
How should real-time market conditions affect the type of education I choose?
What education strategy should I implement to have the best chance of succeeding in the career that I want?
What are the best institution, program, and courses for my situation?
Choosing a career path is not an easy decision that can be made by answering a set of generic skill inventory questions. Instead, our sophisticated process – customized for you – will help you discover your unique career identity and teach you how to make wise decisions about your career track.
Your program includes the following components:
- Coaching sessions with a certified Career Coach.
- Talents & Abilities Assessment Tool – An in-depth test measuring 19 specific abilities including leadership style, problem-solving style, communication style, personality profile, learning style, and motivation style, 35-page results analysis, and career recommendations report.
- Discover your ideal career paths with our Career Options Workbook, which is created by your coach.
- Preparation of an effective, professional résumé & cover letter for any job sector.
- Personal branding coaching including LinkedIn assessment.
- Suite of tools that incorporates our Career Goals tool, Career Equation tool, Career History Evaluation tool, Abilities Benchmarking Tool.
- How to penetrate the market and how to conduct private and public job vacancy searches.
- Discuss a strategic plan for moving forward with confidence.
- An assessment of post-secondary options that will further your career plan.
- How to prepare for every interview so you can present all of your qualifications, including Role-plays and practice telephone calls.
- How to strategically negotiate a job offer, including benefits and salary.
- How to reduce stress and job search time.
- Recommended reading and podcasts by leading thinkers on career development.
CareerJoy is happy to be partnered to provide alumni career services with the following post-secondary institutions: