Welcome to The Canadian Career Development Series.
The place in Canada to learn how to effectively manage your career at the convenience of your own desk. Learn from leading authors, thinkers, and professionals as they share their advice on how to take your career to the next level.
What are you going to be now that you’re all grown up? | Award Winning Marine Biologist Katherine Martha Jones Shares her Story
How come some people know what they want to “be” from an early age? What is about them that makes choosing a career seem effortless? How do you they know what is the right career for them? What drives them to stay focussed and obtain that career? Join Alan Kearns as he interviews marine biologist Dr Katherine Martha Jones who knew her career path from an early age..
Originally from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Katherine Martha Jones completed an Honours BSc degree at the University of Western Ontario, an MSc at the University of Guelph, and a PhD at the University of Windsor. In 2001, she held the Helen Battle Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Western Ontario, after which she held a two-year postdoctoral research fellowship at Rutgers University Marine Field Station in New Jersey.
Dr. Jones has conducted research in many ecosystems including intertidal zones on the Pacific coast of Canada, Caribbean coral reefs, Delaware Bay salt marshes, the Scotian Shelf and the Sydney Tar Ponds. Most recently, she has been studying invasive alien species in aquatic habitats throughout Cape Breton Island. In 2010, she was awarded the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council award for Science Promotion and the Halifax Discovery Centre Science Champion Award.
Dr Jones joined the faculty at Cape Breton University in 2003. She is currently an Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Biology.
You will Learn
- Why some people know their career direction when they’re kids and how to discover that about yourself regardless of your age now
- Keys to discover your career inspiration
- Steps you can take to be confident about your career options and choices
It’s easy — participate from wherever you are via web or phone
It’s informal, fun, and could it be more convenient?
Learn along with others — most are in a similar life situation, asking the same questions, and facing the same challenges
During this interactive webinar, you will have the opportunity too;
- Ask questions of the webinar panelist
- Bonus session on The Digital Job Search 3.0 – How to leverage LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Expand your networking contacts across Canada- Join our CareerJoy invitation only group.
- Ask us how to use this towards your professional development credits.