Welcome to The Career Development Series.
The place in Canada to learn how to effectively manage your career at the convenience of your own desk. Learn from some of Canada’s leading authors, thinkers and professionals as they share their advice on how to take your career to the next level. This series is for you, if you are committed to staying ahead of the curve, learning and have a desire to build your network with other like-minded professionals in Canada.
Careers in the nonprofit sector Welcome to The Career Development Series.
Join Veronica Utton, Director, Human Resources with UNICEF Canada, Michelle Baldwin Executive Director of Pillar Nonprofit Network and Maggie Leithead President & CEO of CharityVillage Canada’s leading career website for the nonprofit sector.
Moderated by Canada’s Career Coach, Alan Kearns we will be discussing working in the nonprofit sector.
- What kinds of jobs are there?
- How is it different than working in the for-profit or government sectors?
- What are some of the benefits (e.g. more likely to have flex time, work for mission etc.)?
- What are some of the drawbacks/challenges (e.g. pay)?
- What attracted them to the sector?
Join us in this interactive session as these experts share their journey and advice on how to effectively approach this sector and manage your career within this sector.