Good Monday morning,
I was walking into my grocery store and saw an ad promoting the local cubs group. Growing up I was involved with Cubs, Boy Scouts & Venturers. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the scouting movement. Lord Bayden Powel was one of my boyhood heroes and I was very fortunate to have the opportunity of being mentored by some really great leaders. As another interesting part of my own journey, we also have worked with the Scouting organization as one of our corporate clients.
Scouting & Girl Guides are the largest youth leadership development organization in our country. Leadership can never be learned to soon. Mentorship and modelling by leaders along the way have been a key part of helping me grow as a person.
Leaders are people. Great leaders are great people… What makes for a great leader?
1. Sharing – Leaders share ideas, share rewards, share success, share failures & share how to grow.
2. Do your best – Your best is a daily thing and leaders do their best daily. They don’t have to be perfect but they do set the standard for performance.
3. Be prepared – Leaders are ready, and they take the time to be know their subject.
Everyone is a leader, whether it is this young person who put this sign up at the grocery story, Elizabeth the Scout leader that is leading this group, the person who runs the grocery store who let the sign go up, you, and I. If everyone is a leader… who will follow you? Who are you following?
One more thing… Leaders take their work seriously, but not themselves.
Join our complimentary CareerClass Webinar series!
“Leadership Begins With You | Learn.Grow.Succeed!”
Wed, Nov 5, 2014 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM EST.
You will learn to:
* Recognize and define your skills, interests, and values.
* Set achievable goals and make informed, fulfilling decisions.
* Understand how personal ethics can affect business decisions.
* Overcome barriers that are holding you back.
* Utilize your untapped internal leadership power.
* Develop your unique value proposition for competitive advantage.
* Increase your personal productivity.
* Improve staff productivity and job satisfaction.
* Improve your relationship with clients, staff and peers.
Dib, dib, dib, dob, dob, dob… Along the road with you!
P.S. Drop by the CareerJoy booth at the National Women’s Show in Toronto for your chance to win a Resume Package valued at $399! CareerJoy Head Coach & Founder Alan Kearns is presenting “Get the Right Career Right Now” live on Saturday, November 8, 2014 at 12:45 pm to 1:15 pm on the Workshop/New Ideas Stage. Click here for tickets and more information!
P.P.S. Have you seen CareerJoy’s new home on the web? We are thrilled to unveil our brand new website at CareerJoy.com. Send feedback to email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!