Are you looking for Work. Made Better?
As a Career & Leadership Coach with CareerJoy, you will work 1 to 1 with clients in person at our Ottawa offices, on-site at our Federal Government and Corporate partners’ locations, and virtually via video call service (ie. Skype or Go-to-meeting). This role is a subcontract position with seasonal and fluctuating volume and may complement your own private practice.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to do interesting work with interesting people and enjoy a professional atmosphere with creativity & flexibility. With CareerJoy, you have significant networking opportunities and will have access to real-world, real-time information regarding the job market & economy. We listen and respect you and your personal situation and care about the things you care about.
You have superb verbal and written communication skills, are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You are a YES person, and enjoy engaging an audience through presentations, workshops, and webinars.
Responsibilities and Duties
You are responsible for coaching clients from career exploration to job search strategy to leading and managing in an existing or new role. You are experienced in assessing and coaching on federal government leadership competencies and understand a variety of governance structures and practices. You are experienced with providing support with preparation of federal government competitions including performing mock interviews and guidance regarding private sector resume and cover letter documentation. You are an experienced workshop facilitator and are comfortable teaching a broad variety of career and leadership topics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to coach in both English & French.
- 7 to 10+ years experience coaching Staff, Managers, EX, and Director levels
- Previous professional background in the public sector is essential (EX-2, EX-3 ideal).
- Current PWGSC security clearance, Enhanced Reliability or higher.
- Master’s degree strongly desired.
- 360-degree leadership assessment experience considered a strong asset.
- Corporate HR experience, corporate training program experience (in-house or contract)
- Comfortable facilitating workshops in a variety of career and leadership topics.
- Coaching Certification from an accredited ICF or another coaching school.
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about.
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills, and ability to translate ideas into practical goals.
- Multitasking, strong follow-up, tracking, reporting and organizational skills.
- Ability to structure and customize client-approach strategically.
Send your resume and one page indicating who you are, why you think you are a good fit for our team, and what interests you about CareerJoy to firstname.lastname@example.org.