Are you looking for Work. Made Better?
As a Career & Leadership Coach with CareerJoy, you will work 1 to 1 with clients in St. John’s, on-site at our Corporate partners’ locations, and virtually via video call service (ie. Skype or Go-to-meeting). This role is a subcontract position with seasonal and fluctuating volume and may complement your own private practice. St. John’s is a “light volume” CareerJoy branch. Although projects certainly fluctuate, we currently have very minimal work in the area and require a Coach on a very casual basis.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to do interesting work with interesting people and enjoy a professional atmosphere with creativity and flexibility.
We listen and respect you and your personal situation and care about the things you care about.You have superb verbal and written communication skills, are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You are a YES person, and enjoy engaging an audience through presentations, workshops, and webinars.
Responsibilities and Duties
You are responsible for coaching clients from career exploration, to job search strategy, to leading and managing in an existing or new role. You are experienced with debriefing clients on psychometric tools, leadership assessments, and 360 assessments.
You are experienced with supporting job search in a practical way, including performing mock interviews and guidance regarding resume, cover letter, and professional branding.You are an experienced workshop facilitator and are comfortable teaching a broad variety of career and leadership topics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience coaching individuals, professionals, and executives in both leadership development and career transition (applied job search, and career exploration).
- Diverse professional background including corporate experience (in addition to coaching background)
- Previous professional background in Human Resources or Recruitment is a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree a must, Master’s degree strongly desired.
- Coaching Certification from an accredited ICF or other coaching school.
- Strong comfort level communicating with all professional levels, including executives, both 1 to 1 in person and via phone and video call.
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about.
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills, and ability to translate ideas into practical goals.
- Multitasking, strong follow-up, tracking, reporting and organizational skills.
- Ability to structure and customize client-approach strategically.
- Assets – Bilingual (French/English), experience using Salesforce CRM system, Skype, GoToMeeting, familiarity with on-site corporate layoffs, Volunteerism & social awareness, program development experience, workshop/webinar content development.
In order to be considered, please send a 1-page cover letter telling us about your own career journey, in addition to your professional CV to email@example.com.