Are you looking for “Work. Made Better.”?
As a Career & Leadership Coach with CareerJoy, you will work 1 to 1 with clients both virtually via Skype or GoToMeeting, as well as in person at our Halifax office.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to do interesting work with interesting people, and enjoy a professional atmosphere with creativity & flexibility. With CareerJoy, you have significant networking opportunities, and will have access to real-world, real-time information regarding the job market & economy. We listen and respect you and your personal situation and care about the things you care about.
You have superb verbal and written communication skills, and have an intuitive understanding of computers and many software programs. You genuinely enjoy people, you love serving people, and you see yourself as an influencer – someone who provides interesting and relevant information to your peer group. You are comfortable conversing with a broad range of individuals, including senior level professionals. You are a natural problem solver, and pride yourself on your time management skills. You are a YES person, and enjoy engaging an audience through presentations, workshops, and webinars.
Join our team & work with clients from all industries, sectors, and seniority levels from students to executive level professionals, with the support of management and other coaches with a variety of backgrounds and specialties. This role is a part time contract with seasonal and fluctuating volume, and will complement your own private practice.
You are responsible for coaching clients from career exploration to job search strategy to landing their desired role. You will be providing support including identifying career options and creating a report, interview preparation including performing mock interviews, providing information on networking best practices both online and in the “real world”, and evaluating job offers and salary negotiation coaching. You may be occasionally be called upon to present a workshop or webinar, or provide on-site corporate layoff assistance.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience coaching individuals, professionals, and executives through all aspects of career transition.
- Diverse professional background including corporate experience (in addition to coaching background).
- Bachelor’s Degree a must, Master’s degree strongly desired.
- Coaching Certification from an accredited ICF or other coaching school.
- Strong comfort level communicating with all professional levels, including executives, both 1 to 1 and in front of an audience.
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about.
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills, and ability to translate ideas into practical goals.
- Multitasking, strong follow-up, tracking, reporting and organizational skills.
- Ability to structure and customize client approach strategically.
Assets – Bilingual (French/English), experience using Salesforce CRM system, Skype, GoToMeeting, familiarity with on-site corporate layoffs, Volunteerism & social awareness, program development experience, workshop/webinar content development.
Please send your resume & one page about why you’re interested in working with CareerJoy to Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.